- Looking for ways to promote a patient-friendly environment? Physicians Practice assessed the look and feel of a medical setting from the patient’s perspective, and offers five easy steps to improve the experience, including enhancements to waiting and exam room spaces, and staff interactions.
- The Advisory Board Company shares its infographic titled, “The Field Guide to Medicare Payment Innovation.” It presents an overview and assessment of the major Medicare programs accelerating the transition to population health.
- As many physicians can attest, working locum tenens is a great way to keep your profession interesting and exciting. Becker’s Hospital Review offers several, additional suggestions for increasing satisfaction and avoiding burnout.
- A study of more than 2,000 adults who sought care in the previous 12 months showed US consumers are willing to accept—and sometimes preferred—treatment for primary care needs from nurse practitioners and physician assistants, the Clinical Advisor reports.
- As outlined in an article on its website earlier this week, the American Academy of Family Physicians objects to the continuing practice of insurers restricting patient choice and access to primary care. The organization specifically asked the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services to intervene and protect the interests of Medicaid beneficiaries in the Volunteer State.
Have a great weekend!