- As reported by the Good News Network, DohJe—which means “thank you” in Cantonese—gives patients the opportunity to send notes of appreciation to physicians, nurses, and other healthcare providers at medical facilities that have implemented its digital app. Kaiser Richmond in Richmond, California, and Sibley Memorial Hospital in Washington, DC, are among the facilities with providers in DohJe’s caregiver directory.
- Earlier this week, The Wall Street Journal asked its healthcare authorities, “What is the biggest misconception the public has about the medical profession?” Check out the August 11 article to see how “The Experts” responded.
- According to eWeek, facilities are making provisions for ICD-10. Around this time next year, 71 percent of hospitals expect to have an ICD services partner to assist them in adjusting and prospering under the new codes.
- If you plan on taking your pet on a locum tenens assignment in the next couple of months, check out The Equine Chronicle’s piece, which provides 10 tips for safe travels with your cherished pet(s).
- In response to continuously increasing opportunities for physician assistants (PAs), a number of medical schools are expanding their PA programs. Zack Budryk, associate editor with FierceHealthcare, reveals two such programs in his August 13 article.